Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bride for the Bachelor: I finaled in Harlequin's SYTYCW Contest!

I have a huge confession: I am a closet contemporary writer! And a few days ago, I learned I was one of 28 finalists in Harlequin's So You Think You Can Write Competition. There were around 700 entries! 25 were chosen based on popular vote and 3 were chosen by editors as "wild card" entries.

What is my story about, you may ask? It's not dashing dukes or macho marquesses or sizzling spies, my usual fare. My story, Bride for the Bachelor, is about a frazzled NYC editor who inherits a baby and the hunky reality star bachelor next door, who just so happens to be her old high school sweetheart. 

So now another confession...my secret shame is watching every episode of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette with my daughters and their friends.  I guess it got me wondering...what if a reality star had to choose between 25 gorgeous knock-out contestants...and his one true love, the girl from his past he never stopped loving?

Next step is to sit back, relax, and enjoy reading all the first chapters posted on the SYTYCW site (here). Editors are choosing the top three, and public voting to choose the winner begins in mid-November.

How fun is that?



Gorgeous fall day in Northern Ohio--today!


2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of contemporary romance, Miranda, so your story sounds like a lot of fun to me. Congratulations on getting into the top 28. A huge achievement for sure.
    PS Love your fall photo. I'm down under in New Zealand, where spring is in full bloom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda!! Enjoy your lovely springtime...as we head into winter!

    ReplyDelete